Empress wood is a much lighter weight wood. You can not special order a guitar to be built with this wood either. There were only a limited run of these at this time.
The G&L Legacy HSS fattens things up with a G&L AW4370 alnico bridge humbucker to complement the vintage alnico G&L CLF-100 single coils in the neck and middle positions. Masterminded by G&L VP Engineering Paul Gagon, the Legacy HSS has that ideal balance that’ll let it play well in a variety of settings, and its splittable bridge humbucker will does a convincing job as a single coil with rich, ringing harmonics.
The Legacy HSS brings all of the Legacy features, starting with Leo’s PTB™ (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups for dramatically more variety than the vintage setup, while the volume pot has a push/pull coil-split for the bridge humbucker. What’s more, the Legacy HSS features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm. The Legacy HSS's hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, comfortable 9 1/2" radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets for silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
If you’re looking for that extra power to properly rock the house but you don’t want your classic Elvis to leave the building, then you owe it to yourself to check out the Legacy HSS.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
SpecificationsGuitar Weight: 6.2 lbs
Please also see the guitar spec sheet in the photos.
- BODY: Empress Wood Body
- FINISH: Light Tint Satin
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: CLF-100 Alnico single coils in neck and middle position, AW4370 in bridge position
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius
- NUT: 100% natural bone
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato with forged brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system)
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell