When Leo Fender† launched the G&L L-2000™ bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and throughout its evolution the iconic L-2000 has continued to win the hearts of bassists of every style and musical taste. A decade and a half after the L-2000 shocked the bass world, the L-2500 five string version took the power of the L-2000 to new lows.
The foundation of the L-2500 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design™ humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone™ control system, providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, Leo gave the L-2000 the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. With the addition of a meaty low 'B', the L-2500 brings a crushing bottom end that's tight and well defined. What’s more, the L-2500 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. On the other end is a comfortable, C-shaped neck checking in with a comfortable 9 1/2" radius and 21 Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets ready to deliver silky playability.
Made in Leo Fender’s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the L-2500 is available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, and neck profiles.
SpecificationsGUITAR WEIGHT: 9.5 lbs
THESE SPECS ARE FROM THE G&L WEBSITE AND ARE GENERAL SPECS. PLEASE LOOK AT THE PHOTO UP ABOVE FOR THE SPEC SHEET OF THIS SPECIFIC GUITAR
- PICKUPS: Two G&L Magnetic Field humbucking pickups
- BODY WOOD: Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L 1 3/4" Medium C 5 with 12" radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- ELECTRONICS: Tri-Tone™ system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell